Author Topic: New FoMoCo Script Headlights-Coming Soon!  (Read 11851 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: New FoMoCo Script Headlights-Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:52:28 AM »
Brant, YOU ARE the man still again!! now I can't wait for one of my etched ones to burn out so I can replace them both-lol

Have you given any thought to making them in Halogen? that would be trick to have a correct embossed headlight that looks the part, but would offer far superior lighting of Halogen.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:27:43 PM by C5ZZKGT »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 03:38:16 PM »
Brant, what is the makers mark going to be? I hope it is not wagner like the etched ones were. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
Brant, YOU ARE the man still again!! now I can't wait for one of my etched ones to burn out so I can replace them both-lol

Have you given any thought to making them in Halogen? that would be trick to have a correct embossed headlight that looks the part, but would offer far superior lighting of Halogen.
Rick-There are no plans right now to make them in Halogen, but I will keep that in mind.

Offline Brant

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 05:17:16 PM »
Brant, what is the makers mark going to be? I hope it is not wagner like the etched ones were. Bob
Bob,
We will have to wait for the final prototype, but they are entirely new reproductions and will not be Wagner branded.  The etched ones, of course, were just "available" Wagner bulbs.  BTW, those particular Wagner bulbs were discontinued.  I guess there is not much demand for old sealed beam stuff like that anymore.  Kind of like finding nice radial tires for 14 inch (and even 15 inch) wheels anymore!

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »
Bob,
We will have to wait for the final prototype, but they are entirely new reproductions and will not be Wagner branded.  The etched ones, of course, were just "available" Wagner bulbs.  BTW, those particular Wagner bulbs were discontinued.  I guess there is not much demand for old sealed beam stuff like that anymore.  Kind of like finding nice radial tires for 14 inch (and even 15 inch) wheels anymore!
.TS or GE would be my choice if you could get them to sign off on the licensing reasonably. No makers mark would be better then one that was a non OEM IMHO. The best of luck on however it ends up being. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Brant

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »
.TS or GE would be my choice if you could get them to sign off on the licensing reasonably. No makers mark would be better then one that was a non OEM IMHO. The best of luck on however it ends up being. Bob
Bob,
I've only seen the molded in logo original ones in the Westinghouse brand with the "W."  Have you seen other brands with the molded logo?

Also sent you an email.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »
Bob,
I've only seen the molded in logo original ones in the Westinghouse brand with the "W."  Have you seen other brands with the molded logo?

Also sent you an email.
Brant , I don't think I have now that i think about it. I think that molded glass might not have been a trade mark but it was only attributed to the westinghouse brand.  I have not paid that much attention to the molded glass type because I seldom see them in my searches.  They are a nicer looking style however  typically I don't see them on the 65-67 SJ cars that I am used to looking at. I typically see the GE or TS  brand etched type on those. The later Dearborn Shelby's Typically used the TS  etched type . I know that Westinghouse was a big OEM vendor . I look forward to having something like those available. I hope they make the smaller four light system bulbs for the later Mustangs and 67 Shelby's .Bob

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »
Brant , I don't think I have now that i think about it. I think that molded glass might not have been a trade mark but it was only attributed to the westinghouse brand. ........

Do have one picture of a molded one out of a car that appears to be Westinghouse at the bottom

Will look at others
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »
I agree that only Westinghouse used the 'Molded' Logo. the Tung-Sol and General Electric Brands used the 'Etched' Logo. I believe the only stipulation from Ford for their Bulb Suppliers was that the Bulbs carry the (FoMoCo) Logo at center, it was not stipulated that they be molded or etched, so the suppliers took it upon themselves to do what they felt like doing. Original Westinghouse Bulbs are extremely rare to find, IMHO.  This is my experience from having hundreds of the original Bulbs over the years. I have seen postings from Bob Perkins that suggests he feels the same way I do.

Brant, are these manufactured by your company through a Supplier? or if not, who is manufacturing these, if you care to reveal that? Andrew
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline Brant

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 09:37:21 AM »
Brant, are these manufactured by your company through a Supplier? or if not, who is manufacturing these, if you care to reveal that? Andrew
Andrew,

I know it sounds crazy, but I have been asked not to reveal the source at this time.  I was even hesitant to post what I did, but it was decided that it was okay as long as I did not post a picture of the actual product.  I guess the supplier just wants to make sure that the bulbs test out okay before we proceed.  Thanks for your interest.

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 04:16:24 PM »
No problems Brant. I understand confidentiality is very important until the actual product is released. Glad to see these coming available, as Original Head Lights just don't really exist anymore. Andrew
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
Andrew,

I know it sounds crazy, but I have been asked not to reveal the source at this time.  I was even hesitant to post what I did, but it was decided that it was okay as long as I did not post a picture of the actual product.  I guess the supplier just wants to make sure that the bulbs test out okay before we proceed.  Thanks for your interest.

Brant, I still say that you ARE the man for getting involved with this and the other high quality reproduction parts that you have helped bring to the market!!  THANKS!!!!

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 09:56:09 PM »
I agree that only Westinghouse used the 'Molded' Logo. the Tung-Sol and General Electric Brands used the 'Etched' Logo. I believe the only stipulation from Ford for their Bulb Suppliers was that the Bulbs carry the (FoMoCo) Logo at center, it was not stipulated that they be molded or etched, so the suppliers took it upon themselves to do what they felt like doing. Original Westinghouse Bulbs are extremely rare to find, IMHO.  This is my experience from having hundreds of the original Bulbs over the years. I have seen postings from Bob Perkins that suggests he feels the same way I do.

Just harvested 14 out of a junkyard, all smaller (5-1/2"?) versions.  9 are TS, 4 are GE, and 1 Westinghouse.  Only the Westinghouse is molded.  This is a random sample from Michigan, model years 64-69, wrecked/put up in 1971-1972, and from a variety of Ford and Mercury cars.  The Westinghouse was from a 64 full size Ford.  Next time I'm going back with a battery powered drill to remove the screws and a couple empty 5 gallon buckets to haul them out ;D
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 07:36:23 PM »

Just harvested 14 out of a junkyard, all smaller (5-1/2"?) versions.  9 are TS, 4 are GE, and 1 Westinghouse.  Only the Westinghouse is molded.  This is a random sample from Michigan, model years 64-69, wrecked/put up in 1971-1972, and from a variety of Ford and Mercury cars.  The Westinghouse was from a 64 full size Ford.  Next time I'm going back with a battery powered drill to remove the screws and a couple empty 5 gallon buckets to haul them out ;D

Good Stuff!!  I'm guessing that the '69 Mustang folks would like to have some of these??