1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 - 70 Shelby

trunk light for 69/70 shelby

<< < (3/3)

69GT350H:
Jeff, any chance you can fix the photos in this thread?

Thanks.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 69GT350H on July 31, 2017, 11:41:48 PM ---Jeff, any chance you can fix the photos in this thread?

--- End quote ---

One of so many :(    Yes will grab the pictures from PhotoBucket and put them in my gallery here and rebuild the links.   Hope this change isn't going to start costing us more for hosting the site   ::) Notice some of the other sites have had to enlarge their storage and other things to make up for this same issue

Have about 5,000 orphaned pictures over there

J_Speegle:
Done  8)

69GT350H:
Trying to figure out the look, routing, and attachment of the trunk light wires.

In this photo of 481984, you can just make out the wires (looks to be a single fat red wire) next to the driver's side trunk hinge.

Here on my car, 481982, is how I found my trunk light wires. There is a small section of wire cover missing from between the clips that is in the last photo of this post.

Here is where I think the wire attaches via the other wire clip, inside the trunk.

The small piece of material is what was originally one the trunk positive wire of my car. It was once longer but it is falling apart. I found that the anti-rattle material for the door rods looks very similar. Is it possible both wires were run through the covering?

The ground wire to the trunk light goes on the Phillips screw that holds the light to the trunk, runs the same path in the trunk and exits at the round hole. My ground wire was hanging loose in my car once it left the trunk lid and the lug for attachment inside the trunk is not there. I have no idea of its path or where it was attached for the grounding connection.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 69GT350H on August 23, 2018, 02:16:19 AM ---Trying to figure out the look, routing, and attachment of the trunk light wires.

The small piece of material is what was originally one the trunk positive wire of my car. It was once longer but it is falling apart. I found that the anti-rattle material for the door rods looks very similar. Is it possible both wires were run through the covering?
--- End quote ---

Unrestored fastback

--- Quote from: 69GT350H on August 23, 2018, 02:16:19 AM ---The ground wire to the trunk light goes on the Phillips screw that holds the light to the trunk, runs the same path in the trunk and exits at the round hole. My ground wire was hanging loose in my car once it left the trunk lid and the lug for attachment inside the trunk is not there. I have no idea of its path or where it was attached for the grounding connection.

--- End quote ---

Look for a hole here - where the flat headed Phillips ois

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version