Author Topic: AUTOLITE FA-50 AIR FILTER  (Read 9961 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: AUTOLITE FA-50 AIR FILTER
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
Yes, the sticker on my Air Cleaner housing shows a PN of C8AF-9600-C which should be for the air cleaner. Then the FA-50 for the element.  I will check the element tonight when I get home to see what the part number is on the element in addition to the FA-50 number.
Something to consider is if the service information sticker is genuine or not. It is typical for a car that has been restored under the hood to have a replacement sticker . My point is that unless you know the sticker has been untouched and that the sticker and aircleaner or original to the car the information on the sticker can not used as definitive proof on what what needs to be used on the car especially if a FA-50 on a later build or a FA-41 on a early build car example . The build sheet would be the definitive proof what aircleaner assembly/filter would be appropriate for a particular build especially if a out of the ordinary application or if in the gray area of transition from one style to another. Just some more information and opinion for the discussion.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline specialed

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
Dudley you have the replacement type filter & it looks new. I have some used ones if you have a low mile survivor car, The filters were supposed to be changed 10.000 miles i think the book said.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »
Something to consider is if the service information sticker is genuine or not. It is typical for a car that has been restored under the hood to have a replacement sticker . My point is that unless you know the sticker has been untouched and that the sticker and aircleaner or original to the car the information on the sticker can not used as definitive proof on what what needs to be used on the car especially if a FA-50 on a later build or a FA-41 on a early build car example . The build sheet would be the definitive proof what aircleaner assembly/filter would be appropriate for a particular build especially if a out of the ordinary application or if in the gray area of transition from one style to another. Just some more information and opinion for the discussion.
+1 and on top of that sometimes what the build sheet had was not even what ended up on the car to add to the confusion but in general they are pretty accurate
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 10:47:07 AM »
Here is a assemblyline example.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline specialed

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »
+1 on that turtleman (wonder where you got that filter ? bet it wasnt in a box).