Author Topic: mounting hardware for blower motor guard & chin spoiler?  (Read 5971 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: mounting hardware for blower motor guard & chin spoiler?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »
...........The Rockhouse  car and photo shows a 69 SJ car without screws or holes. The post by svo2scj seems to agree.  Similar method used on the East coast.

That's why we always try and find out when and where the car was built. Four more from the show over the weekend (CA show - all San Jose cars) with the screws being used

Hi Jeff, the plant is San Jose,................. is a 69 too.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »
Jeff - I agree with you that the screws are probably more common, and would result in fewer questions from others (like judges!!  ;)), but my 3/25/69 SJ car and Mark's April, 1969 SJ car both had guards installed without the screws, so it is correct for at least some timeframe at SJ.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 12:31:08 AM »
Jeff - I agree with you that the screws are probably more common, and would result in fewer questions from others (like judges!!  ;)), but my 3/25/69 SJ car and Mark's April, 1969 SJ car both had guards installed without the screws, so it is correct for at least some timeframe at SJ.

If no holes are present on either of your car I would agree with that and also your first statement - If you don't know and there are holes IMHO use the screws ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rayms69

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »
my 70 super jet shows no signs of screws for mounting the heater motor blower in addition to the pic you show rockhouse, 10/26/69 Dearborn
10-26-1969 Dearborn 428 SCJ auto