Author Topic: Arning Drop Holes?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline bryancobb

• Silver Level Subscriber
  • 2009 Ridn' Around
Arning Drop Holes?
« on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »
Hi folks,

The previous owner of my convertible did the Arning drop, and installed cut-down springs, a 1" stabilizer bar, and SSBC Power Disc Brakes.

I just scored and found a guy doing a resto-mod who has a Metuchen 66 that was built very near the same date as mine.  His car has ALL the OEM parts, right down to the original drums as well as UCA's and LCA's.

He wants to swap all the parts.  We're going to swap next Saturday, and he is giving me $300 to boot!

Here's my question.  From the Concours perspective, should I weld up the "dropped" holes in the shock towers and put the UCA's  in the correct holes, or should I weld up the stock holes and put the UCA's in the lowered holes?  If it were to not be a judging issue, it seems the supposed improved handling would be good reason to install the arms in the dropped holes.??

I'm leaning toward putting it back as it was manufactured.

66 Metuch Conv
Nightmist, Std Blu Int
6T08C223904    76A       K         22       15c     21      6        6
                      BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  XMSN
   C/O  785                                   (rotation #)
   16    C14   6T08C223904        (weld bay 16, bucked MAR 14)

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Arning Drop Holes?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »
from a concours standpoint i would weld it up and put it back factory.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Arning Drop Holes?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:46:59 PM »
Here's my question.  From the Concours perspective, should I weld up the "dropped" holes in the shock towers and put the UCA's  in the correct holes, or should I weld up the stock holes and put the UCA's in the lowered holes? 

How was the car originally?? I thick you really knew the answer to begin with ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)