Author Topic: Extra Cooling Package  (Read 1549 times)

Offline RocketScientist

Extra Cooling Package
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:36:00 AM »
What was the extra cooling package?
What did it consist of?
Did it actually work (i.e provide better cooling)?
Does anyone have any pictures of it?

I have never seen it and am curious as to what it was.

Thanks,
Brad.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:52:59 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: Extra Cooling Package
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:50:24 AM »
What year and engine? Can be anything from different radiatoror fan shroud or fan/fan clutch and in some cases different alt and battery
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:44:02 AM »
I have a 1967, 289 (C-code) but I wasn't looking for anything particular to my year/car. I was interested in what the package represented but it seems I have underestimated the differences that exist.

Offline Road Reptile

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:52:39 PM »
Hi,
Just thought to mention that this is a package option that helps lower temperatures in cars and trucks.It may include a different radiator/fan/fan clutch/fan shroud/and seals to divert air or direct it differently.It may also include oil coolers for power steering,auto trans,diff,engine oil,etc.All this to say you can specify things when you order-many were or are not available as accessories,as this still involves vehicles built now.If you get a chance to look under a new G.T.500 you will see a nicely engineered Diff.cooler.If you read the Cobra Jet site it will tell about engine oil coolers.The cooling package may only drop temperature enough to keep it in the "safe" zone.A few degrees can make a huge difference.Check out a new f-150 with V8 & compare to a V6 Eco Boost,and you will see the seals to divert underhood air.The rubber seal on top of the radiator support is one clue to the option on a 67 Mustang with Extra cooling.To answer your main question YES it really does work.
    R.R.