Author Topic: Glad to be here too!  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Bill Cabaniss

Glad to be here too!
« on: February 10, 2010, 12:23:55 PM »
 I have been here a few days now researching old posts, and have been amazed at the amount of quality resto tips found here. We just didn't have this much info known or available to us 20 years ago. I am impressed with the amount of knowledge the people here are willing to share. This wealth of knowledge will help people to be able to restore their mustang to a more authentic level, if that is their desire.
 A big "thank you" to those willing to share their knowledge of the mustang to everyone here.
 Back surgery has kept me down for a long while now, but i am getting around pretty good these days.
 My wife and I are going to drive both of my mustangs to Pensacola in march. This will be our 20th year in concours driven division. We have driven alot of miles and had alot of fun in the process. We have alot of mustang friends and can't wait to see them in Pensacola. Bill Cabaniss.
Highland green 68 GT fastback/concours driven since 2000. 8f02j - 1-23-68
raven black 66 coupe/concours driven since 1991.6f07c- 5-14-66
rangoon red 65 Mustang JR. go-cart serial#02. not driven much.
Still drive them to the nationals/they do clean up! 
Gold card judge for 67-68 concours class.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Glad to be here too!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:51:49 PM »
Welcome Bill

Yes nothing like 20 - plus years ago where it would take you months to find out the answer to a single question.  And of course you would often get a few different opinions.

We have allot of great help and experience here - again welcome
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bill Cabaniss

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:50:14 AM »
 Thanks Jeff. While i enjoyed rummaging through mustang salvage yards taking pictures of paint markings, bolt head marks, screw locations, and overspray patterns back then, I am quite happy sitting here and reading the same thing on this big computer screen in the comfort of my shop. What I don't miss was the mosquito's, wasps, and of course those snakes that loved to make homes in and under those salvage yard cars. Sooo, thanks again to you,Charles and others here for your willingness to share. Bill.

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:52:52 AM »
Bill,

Joining the forums means that you will have to become more active as an MCA Gold Card Judge! :) :)

See you in Pensacola.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline Bill Cabaniss

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »
 Hi Pete, I was at the mca web site last week and noticed that you were the national assistant head judge for 67-68. I sent you an e-mail from there but i guess it didn't get to you. I will help as usual in pensacola. see you then. Bill.