Author Topic: Anyone live near Downey, CA  (Read 1277 times)

Offline ChrisV289

Anyone live near Downey, CA
« on: February 20, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to reach the dealership that my 65 Mustang was sold at and every number I find on the internet is disconnected.  Does anyone know if Downey Ford is still opened and if so, what their number is? 
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Anyone live near Downey, CA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 07:59:33 PM »
Unfortunately - the other end of the state.

What are you looking for from the dealership?

If its information or records I would not hold my breath. California dealerships are not the types of places that keep much after a year or so, don't retain workers and often change hands over the years.

Even finding parts in the dealerships that are ten years old is unusual (know plenty of them that threw out anything in "old" boxes back in the 80's)- nothing like most of the rest of the country IMHO.

Just what I've seen, heard and experienced - but anything is worth a shot
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ChrisV289

Re: Anyone live near Downey, CA
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:12:47 PM »
Yeah I was looking to see if maybe by chance they maybe have kept any records of the car.  One of my friends who has a 70 Challenger hit the jackpot and found a guy who had bought all the records from a Dodge dealership.  Had the original invoice and the order for the car some other things....was hoping maybe the dealership might have something floating around...wishful thinking maybe but still worth a shot
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe