Author Topic: Need Advise on carpet color on Color Code 28  (Read 763 times)

Offline ChrisV289

Need Advise on carpet color on Color Code 28
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:22:19 AM »
So I have less than year before the MCA show in Tucson and trying to decide what to do with my carpet.  It was replaced before we purchased the car in 1992.  It is a SJ car built 10/29/64 so it should have the carpet that stops  at the floor board and have vinyl that goes up under the rocker panel.  I can find the correct color vinyl but the color of the carpet is where I am stuck.  I have interior color code 28 (ivy gold) and have gotten samples from ACC and TMI.  I had the opportunity last year to take pics of 65 couple built a month after mine with the same color combination and had the original carpet in it still and the samples did not match his carpet (compared under the back seat where there would be no sunlight).  I have included the pics below.  The first pic shows the carpet stopping at the floor board.  The second (and fourth pic) pic shows samples from ACC (left to right (Ivy gold loop, Moss green nylon, and Moss green loop).  The third pic shows a fourth large sample Ivy gold nylon.  Has anyone tried replacing this color carpet and ran into this scenario?  Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do? 

Thanks,
Chris

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:56:49 AM by ChrisV289 »
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe