1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

1967-68 Safety Convenience System - Application, Components, Wiring, Lenses and Bulbs

<< < (2/34) > >>

67gtasanjose:
Also, RUPPSTANG, Is your car SJ or other?  Can you note where your lamps are in your console? (top left is_____, top right is_____ , bottom left is_____ , bottom right is_____. If you can, also see where your Low Fuel relay mounts. On the Wiper motor bracket? Thanks for your info :)

ruppstang:
Our GTA is SJ car. The upper LH is Seat Belts, upper RH is Park Brake, lower LH is Door Ajar and lower RH is Low Fuel. My owners manual printing is dated August 1966 and in it's bulb chart it calls for 1895 for all four. Some where I found a different chart that call for a 1891 b4 9/06/66 and a 1445 after for Low Fuel and Seat Belt. Door Ajar and Park Brake calls for 256. 
I also have a 1968 High County Special built in SJ the owners manual from it November 1967 Calls for a 1895 for Belt and Low Fuel. 257 for Door Ajar a Park Brake.  I would have to conclude that there were issues on the early cars with lens damage with the 1895's.
Hope this helps. Marty

Andrew@MagMustangs:
The C6AF-10A368-A Relay is specific to the function of the (Low Fuel) Light. It is not a relay for the overall panel, just Low Fuel. The (Seat Belt) Light uses a C7AB-10B924-B1 Relay. The (Park Brake) and (Door Ajar) Lights do not use Relays. 

67gta289:
Did some documentation of the stuff I currently have, see attached. Contains lens info and bulb info.  Not claiming correctness, just reporting some reference points.

gwells67:
I am hoping you guys can help.  After 25 years, I've finally decided to get my panel back into my car and working.  The good news is it's 99% working!  I have one issue with the Door switch on the passenger side.  Do these symptoms sound like a bad switch or something else?

1. Key on, Doors closed: Light comes on
2. Key on, Driver's Door Open: Light goes off
3. Key on, Passenger door open: Light is still on

I have power all the way to the passenger switch..now what?  Can I fix or adjust that switch?

Also: I made up early '67 lenses that look very good when installed.  I've got a bunch if anyone wants a set.  I am also  looking for a deluxe center plate as I've got my AC out of the car right now and my lights are in my console.

Thanks,
Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version