Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I guess you already looked at and compared the pictures of the unrestored 70 Mach I's in that section of the site. Of course digits pictures can be unreliable due to monitor and camera settings but place to start if your comparing light and dark colors

Second one from the top of the list - Dearborn car- has a nice side short and close to compare with  ;)
Suspension / Re: drum brake backing plates
« Last post by AJ on Today at 08:05:22 PM »
I currently have 8 rear backing plates.  A mixture of Bendix 317558 317559 and KH 71086 71085

Only one of them has small number, and a letter, stamped near the adjusting hole.

On a side note,  i have a Bendix 323369 that appears identical to a 317558.  I tried but cantdetermine its original and proper application.  It functioned on my 69 Gt500 for 10 years but not its correct home.  I once owned a torino with a 9 inch so maybe i cross pollinated it back when.   

Calling TCP Global didn't help?
General Discussion / Re: AACA Sr. Grand National 1968 Metuchen Coupe
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 07:59:09 PM »
Congratulations on the award and the accomplishment
1968 Mustang / Re: Spare Tire Trunk/Gas Tank Board
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 07:58:08 PM »
Thanks to David Knab for the picture of the trunk board.

Although it's a minor detail, I want to install a trunk board in our 1968 Metuchen Coupe.  After reading some of the associated posts, the board was intended to protect the tank from the jack (?).  Can anyone tell me what the board was made of, and the dimensions?  I haven't found any in supplier websites and it seems easy enough to make.  I have the original trunk mat, and want to add the board. 

The board is what is know as press-board or Masonite. Basically saw dust with glue that is formed under pressure

Size of the boards differ depending on year. 68 uses the smaller boards - later in 69-70. Thickness of current Masonite sheets are thinner (big surprise - just like 2x4's are that size anymore either) so getting a good reproduction is very difficult.

Sorry don't have a 68 board around to measure.
Wanted Ads / Re: WTB 65-66 NOS Fastback Passenger Quarter
« Last post by livetoride60 on Today at 06:09:05 PM »
Found one.  No longer need. 

Would delete this post but it won?t let me. 
Glad I could help!
I hope he does for your sake but last post was in 2017 .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10