Author Topic: Who's going to MCA Show in Suisun City, CA?  (Read 2886 times)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Who's going to MCA Show in Suisun City, CA?
« on: May 05, 2022, 11:26:05 PM »
I'll be going with a friend who's showing her modified Mustang, but no vendor stall this time; just sitting and watching.  Show is May 20-22.

Who's going for show, looking, or judging?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 08:37:04 PM by J_Speegle »
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline KevinK

Re: Who's going to MCA Show in Siuslaw City, CA?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 03:04:00 AM »
I will be there with the wife's 88 McLaren and my 03 Mach 1. Both in the unrestored class.

Hope to run into you. Missed you at Tucson but spoke to your wife.
MCA #33800, Gold Card 3rd Gen
BAMA Member
67 Coupe, 69 Coupe, 74 Coupe, 84 SVO, 84 GT Turbo, 86 GT, 88 McLaren, 89 LX Sport, 03 Mach 1, 07 GT500, 14 GT/CS

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 11:13:27 AM »
I will be there with the wife's 88 McLaren and my 03 Mach 1. Both in the unrestored class.

Hope to run into you. Missed you at Tucson but spoke to your wife.
Hmmm...don't have a wife...yet.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 04:38:30 PM »
Are you sure about the location?
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
Re: Who's going to MCA Show in Siusun City, CA?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 07:01:06 PM »
Errr...Suisun

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
Re: Who's going to MCA Show in Suisun City, CA?
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 08:40:58 PM »
I'm taking Trouble there.

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

Offline Morsel

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 01:25:16 PM »
I'm hoping to be there with the 66 K-code in the concours trailer class, but we'll see if I can get it done in time. Still got a lot to do and waiting on others for a couple things :/

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 12:10:00 AM »
I failed to make the show, as the F250 broke down short of the Grapevine near Gorman.  Wouldn't start after filling the gas tank.  Had it and the trailer towed 3 miles to a shop, where they diagnosed low oil (7 quarts low).  After filling the oil after an engine flush, the car was smoking terribly.  7 qts in 522 miles...hmmm...not good.  Decided to go back home and not try and tackle the Grapevine twice.  Stopped in the wonderful city of Palmdale for the night.  Truck wouldn't start that morning: no oil pressure.  Also had 2 trailer tires flat due to nail punctures.  Had the truck towed to a shop, where they got it running, but they want to diagnose the excessive fuel consumption. 

Stuck at the hotel with no transportation; people park in front of the trailer so we can't hook up, the hotel restaurant bar is closed on the weekends...not fun at all. 

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 01:43:33 AM »
Wow Midlife. Heck of a bad end of the week and start of a trip. Hope this week brings you better news.  At least it didn't happen going up or at the top of the Grapevine.

Went down once going up the north side, on the way to a San Diego show. Smoke got let out of some wiring and everything was fine afterwards. Never figured out what burnt up (under the dash) but never had any problems after that during the trip or for years after other than the ignition sensor - a common issue for those 7.3s. Just rolling on faith

Guessing the trunk might be a diesel
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 11:56:11 AM »
Yes, F250 SuperDuty diesel. 

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 03:54:36 PM »
And my new one is sitting waiting for me at the dealership.  It came in the day we left.  Couldn't have towed with it anyway, too soon.

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

Offline KevinK

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 05:54:50 PM »
Sorry to hear you couldn't make it. Your issues make mine seem very minor. Couldn't get the tonneau motor to work on the ASC and the truck battery went dead while loading the car. Darn automatic lights, ac and radio.
MCA #33800, Gold Card 3rd Gen
BAMA Member
67 Coupe, 69 Coupe, 74 Coupe, 84 SVO, 84 GT Turbo, 86 GT, 88 McLaren, 89 LX Sport, 03 Mach 1, 07 GT500, 14 GT/CS

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 12:38:26 AM »
Well, the ram air air filter (K/N type) was fully plugged, a rodent was found in the air intake before the filter.  Probably what happened is air flow was extremely constricted, so air was forced from crankcase along with oil mist causing the smoking.  2 fuel injectors need replacing, along with their o-ring seals.  Not a cheap fix...stuck at Palmdale hotel until Thursday.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 02:15:58 AM »
Well, the ram air air filter (K/N type) was fully plugged, a rodent was found in the air intake before the filter.  Probably what happened is air flow was extremely constricted, so air was forced from crankcase along with oil mist causing the smoking.  2 fuel injectors need replacing, along with their o-ring seals.  Not a cheap fix...stuck at Palmdale hotel until Thursday.

What a shame  :(  Wish you were closer - would come, visit and take you to lunch.

We once got stuck in/on Prince Edwards Island. No rental cars, almost no rooms in town,  not planes out available for a week. After a few days ended up paying for a $400 taxi ride to take us off the island pick up a $250 a day rental car, back when they were not as high as they are today, to get us back to a plane reservation we had in Boston. Lots of questions at the border given we had a one way car rental into the US.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2022, 08:53:55 PM »
An update: still here in Palmdale, but we did get the truck back today.  The main issue was a split o-ring on an injector..  Oil pressure controls fuel injection, and the oil was getting past the o-ring, getting into the fuel injector.  Basically, the engine on that cylinder was burning oil vice gas.  After many $$ spent, the car is now hitched up to the trailer and ready to be taken back home tomorrow early morning.
We had hoped to leave today (Friday), but the shop reported a check engine light late last night.  That was due to a fuel line that was weeping fuel.  Once that was fixed, the shop experienced a power outage for 2 hours and delayed further checks to ensure everything is good to go.