Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Ok, Play Identify the Ford Wire Wheel Hubcap.

(1/4) > >>

NEFaurora:

Subject: Ok, Play Identify the Ford Wire Wheel Hubcap.

Ok, I've seen a lot of different Ford/Mustang Wire Wheel Hubcaps in my day, but this one has me stumped! (And I don't stump easy) I have never seen one like this.  It is a REAL Wire Wheel Hubcap, Not a simulated one, and the base looks identical to the '65-'69 Ford "REAL" Wire Wheel hubcap, but I've never seen one with this type of "Turned Down" Tri Bar Spinner.  A Kudos will go out to you if you can identify where (What model) car that this cap came from.  I can't find it in any Ford or Hollander catalogs either.  I've never seen anything like it.  The hubcap is 14" inch size..and heavy!  No Ford numbers on the backside either..At least none there anymore. The ink stamped number is gone from the backside.

Where's it From?  Do you know?  Can you identify it??

See pics below:

PS: If you're interested in this cap, It's 14" inch, and available and in nice shape...about a 8.5 condition. I have no use for it.  Just shoot me a PM.  Thanks.

:o)

Tony K.

CharlesTurner:
Have seen that type of cover, but with a different flipper, same center cap.

NEFaurora:

Charles, When you say "flipper", What part are you referring to? 

I have never ever seen this type "turned" down Tri-bar Spinner before....  It must have been a really low production of these.

I'm thinking somewhere around the '67-'69 timeframe...

:o)

Tony K.

67gtasanjose:
Agreed, not found in a quick search of most of the same usual places to get the answer...

AFTERMARKET is my call...

Brian Conway:
     Would really like to get a better look at the logo.  Has the cougar lay out but no cats.  Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version