Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

NOS?

(1/2) > >>

67gtasanjose:
Are these OE NOS? NO, not the boxes  :o The TIPS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Pair-1967-69-Ford-Mustang-GT-Muffler-Outlet-Pipe-C9ZZ-5255-C-/121438956261?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c46536ae5&vxp=mtr

67gta289:
Richard - might be official NOS, but certainly not correct for us.  Originals have rolled tips at the end.

In fact, this is one of those rare times that I would rather use a repro than NOS.

Brian Conway:
That is a pretty correct assessment.  For 69 the assembly line dual tips had the rolled edges.  This sort, I call slash cut, were the service replacement/over the counter version.  I had a set on my car.  Brian

J_Speegle:
+1

NOS - yes
Like assembly line - no

Just one of many different examples

67gta289:
So on the original C7 variety, was the tip material chrome plated steel, or stainless steel, or other?

I have an original handy, and a magnet latches on to it.  Now some stainless is ferritic, but we tend to see austenitic based stainless in products.

There are a couple of scratches that have not rusted, and it looks stainless.

Does anyone know what material it is?  Can/should they be chrome plated?  Or should they be filed where needed, sanded, and buffed?

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version