Author Topic: Python Restorations  (Read 8203 times)

Offline Armond

• Silver Level Subscriber
    • D'Agostini Restorations.com
Re: Python Restorations
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 01:41:41 PM »
AH! Thanks Bob!     I received an email back from Stewart this morning and he addressed some of the issues and he is doing his best to work thru them and all is well and he is buried with work.   I have forwarded this thread so he can see it and work things out.
MCA#31064
rsz_1rsz_thumbnail_1_altered" border="0

Offline python

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »
Stewart from Python Restoration here

How great that there is a forum to keep track of so many important things Mustang related.  I have learned quite a bit from reading and/or researching various car related forums.  This forum is among the strongest.

We strive to do our best to put out the best product on the market – and have a strong following of dedicated restorers that use our work.  That is clearly a subjective measurement though – we prefer to let our work speak for itself.   

If our only complaint is from a customer missing four small 1964 plastic pins, it is still one too many.  It is, however, difficult to get a fair perspective on something from just one point of view. 

Anyone who has four original 1964 plastic anchor pins at a reasonable price – let me know so we can get a set for Mr. Latham. We have a very close approximation that we always provide at no charge with our restored belts.  We have not been able to locate the set that came in a small plastic bag with his belts – but we have told him multiple times that when we can find a set for him we will send them to him.  We would have preferred continued patience instead of feeling the need to air his grievance publicly.

Walter emailed when he received his belts – he said:    “The belts arrived and look great.   The transformation is unbelievable. I am so glad that I am going the route of having correct belts for my Mustang. Folks will be able to see what started the frenzy over 50 years ago. Modern belts just don't do justice to the interior.”   

We appreciate his kind words on our work.  Attached a picture of his finished belts.

Having an abundance of work can be a bit of a curse – phone calls and emails quite often have to take a back seat to orders that are already sitting on your dock.   Seeking more business should not be more important than meeting current customer’s needs.

Moreover, sometimes family issues take priority over business.   We have had a difficult year and we have been greatly impressed with the flexibility of our customers to allow us to handle family health-related issues.   We get an abundance of calls – and some of the inquiries require lengthy responses.

Our focus will continue to be on our product – thanks to former customers who gave credible input as to our final product.  Vendors do need to be held accountable to their final product – and forums like this help to do that.  I do not believe that this string falls into that category, but I suppose that is also subjective. 

We will need a little additional patience for a while as we work through our current family struggles.   Thanks to our customers who alerted us to this thread – sorry to have made our response so lengthy.

Stewart
Python Restoration
214-384-9696

Offline Smokey 15

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 06:57:05 PM »
 Nice reply, Stewart. Those belts look great!  Now I know where I'm sending the dark blue belts from my '69 Z/28.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 07:59:52 PM »
Thanks for the kind (forum) comments and for taking the time to publically addressing the questions/issues posted here.

Now back to work ;)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:10:11 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rodster

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »
Nice response and explanation.  Life does get in the way of our goals and dreams sometimes whether it's a hobby or a business. 

Thank you for providing a great service and sincere well wishes as you cope with family struggles. 
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 11:57:07 PM »
Thanks Stewart, you've always been done right by me and I enjoyed meeting you several years back. 
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »
Stewart, you know you have my endorsement .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby