Author Topic: Factory headliner and roof insulation  (Read 376 times)

Offline MustangAndFairlane1867

Factory headliner and roof insulation
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:10:36 PM »
Finally about to bring my 1965 K-code fastback (San Jose/2.16.'65) home from the painter to begin the re-assembly process and I need some recommendations on where to buy factory-correct headliner and sound/heat barrier material that adheres to underside of the roof.  It doesn't appear that these are scarce items, but I don't know if there is one brand that stands out as the "best" material and design, etc.  Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Factory headliner and roof insulation
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 11:35:33 PM »
Most reproduction headliners are made of thinner materials than the originals. Don't know if there are one or two suppliers for headliners so there may not be a "best" just what is available short of having one custom made for you

As far as the spun fiberglass insulation/sound deadener - don't have a catalog near by to check so maybe you can go to one of the major parts shops and see if they are. Many owners simply choose to use a hot water heater blanket - strip out a later of just the fiber glass the thickness you want and glue that in place after a little trimming
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 01:46:26 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)