Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

65-67 Disc Brake Rotors 2 Piece Discussion

<< < (2/3) > >>

1967 eight barrel:
I don't know if this is significant in any way, however I am sure the rotors on the Shelby were assembly line. The vehicle had about 37K on it when it was wrecked.
With that said; Both rotors are clearly K/H marked. Now perhaps It's a San Jose thing.

-Keith

67gtasanjose:
Where did the rest of this discussion go to?

It was a lengthy one before the rest of it went away. (perhaps split? no notation about being split though)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 67gtasanjose on February 06, 2018, 11:31:46 AM ---Where did the rest of this discussion go to?

It was a lengthy one before the rest of it went away. (perhaps split? no notation about being split though)

--- End quote ---

Don't recall the specific length or details but since I do most of the arranging on the site (splitting, moving, retitling ....) must report I did move anything

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on February 06, 2018, 11:39:21 PM ---Don't recall the specific length or details but since I do most of the arranging on the site (splitting, moving, retitling ....) must report I did move anything

--- End quote ---

The narrative & quotes of the first post indicate something is missing, even if you were not aware of the length of discussion by memory. I had also posted many pictures of the differences found in the New replacement rotor for the 2-piece hub/rotors that Oreilley's had begun to carry. (By the way, I checked stock levels at Oreilley's recently and they were out again).

Anyways, considering the more recent discussions on restoring the 65-66 two piece rotors, knowing the '67's use the same rotor, I thought I would surface that older discussion and this was all I found. Maybe it was in another thread?

EDIT: I found the other thread I mentioned. Still, strange narrative on this one...
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=11507.0

KevinK:
I just picked up a set of Raybestos 6004R front rotors. I not would call them good as they are not 2 piece. I would not call them bad as they appear to be functional. That leaves Ugly..

Just letting you know what is out there at $27 each, made in China.  They should work fine for my use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version