Author Topic: Heater hose (red) stripe orientation  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Raven R Code

• 428CJ ~ 4 spd ~ 3L50
Heater hose (red) stripe orientation
« on: August 29, 2016, 09:33:37 PM »
I have the autolite red striped heater hoses. Do they come out of firewall with the stripes oriented in a certain direction?
Dave

~ Do it concours or don't do it.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Heater hose (red) stripe orientation
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:12:42 PM »
I have the autolite red striped heater hoses. Do they come out of firewall with the stripes oriented in a certain direction?
A logical question IMO. I have seen them every which way on junk yard and survivor examples . Typically a restorer will orient them with stripe side up so that the stripe and writing can be seen. In other examples a stripe or marking on a hose if having to do with orientation was meant to be seen to gauge if it was being oriented properly. I don't think this is the case with the heater hose but if it were, the stripe would be on the top side of the hose where it was visible.  I could never in good conscience deduct for the stripe orientation given so many variations seen . If there was a preferred method it doesn't appear to be adhered to by the assemblyline from my observations. Others may have a different opinion.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 11:42:55 PM »

Not in my observation or pictures. If it was it might be something a particular worker did to brake up the days tasks so that only, maybe one third would have been that way

But not even seeing that
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Raven R Code

• 428CJ ~ 4 spd ~ 3L50
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 11:30:44 AM »
Prolly run the red stripes at 12 o'clock high then.
Dave

~ Do it concours or don't do it.