Author Topic: 65 A code Jan 65 SJ Convertible - Front suspension info and help needed  (Read 983 times)

Offline AIRDRIVERUSA

1965 Ford mustang A-code convertible San Jose Jan. 65

Hello all...

Need advice/info on suspension....If my car had the high speed and handling package, what colors would the front sway bar and front springs had been?  Was there paint daubs on springs for the high speed package and if so, colors and location???

Also...rebuilding front suspension...I think I have the rear suspension figured out but as far as the front suspension goes, out of all,the parts, UCA, LCA, stabilizer end links, tie rods, etc...which parts should i keep to rebuild/restore and which ones should i just purchase out right and from where?

Is there a book out there that would help someone with what part on mustangs get which color?

Thanks so much, in advance, for y'all's time and assistance.

Regards
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:30:20 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 65 A code Jan 65 SJ Convertible - Front suspension info and help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 09:26:14 PM »
1965 Ford mustang A-code convertible San Jose Jan. 65
Need advice/info on suspension....If my car had the high speed and handling package, what colors would the front sway bar and front springs had been?  Was there paint daubs on springs for the high speed package and if so, colors and location???

Never heard of a "high speed package" guess you might be referring to the handling package that some ordered prior to the GT package becoming available. Believe those would use a true red. As for location and how they were applied there are many threads showing closeups, brush methods and how they were likely situated when the strips were applied at the supplier

Also...rebuilding front suspension...I think I have the rear suspension figured out but as far as the front suspension goes, out of all,the parts, UCA, LCA, stabilizer end links, tie rods, etc...which parts should i keep to rebuild/restore and which ones should i just purchase out right and from where?

Depends on your intentions for the car but given the site you've posted the question at - rebuild everything unless its damaged beyond repair. Plenty of earlier threads cover specific pieces and parts Upper and lower ball joints will at least (normally) need new boots so you'll be sending out a few things like this to be repaired or processes done. about $50 for each so $200 total for all four) You can pay others to do the restoration but not going to be inexpensive Just an example

Is there a book out there that would help someone with what part on mustangs get which color?

Yes but would not suggest you use any of them other than a decent basic start would be to review the MCA rule book for your year
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:30:48 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)