Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

OEM ford spoiler for Cougar 69/70 question

<< < (2/3) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 68GT/CSconvmod on October 14, 2016, 03:22:38 PM ---I found one and it says DOWB and some numbers with a oval ford at the end on the pedestals. I know mustang is DOZB.  Is this a correct rear stand up spoiler for 70 Cougar/Eliminator ?

--- End quote ---

As I understand it there is a difference in the spoiler itself - distance between there the pedestals mount to the spoiler. Suggest you search the Cougar forums to find that measurement and other info to be sure though the DOWB makes sense you need to be sure

68GT/CSconvmod:
It is mounted already on a 70 fb mustang deck lid. Trying to complete a deal.

Troy

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 68GT/CSconvmod on October 15, 2016, 12:08:29 PM ---It is mounted already on a 70 fb mustang deck lid. Trying to complete a deal.

Troy

--- End quote ---

So maybe a collection of parts assembled together rather than as delivered. Example Cougar pedestals with a Mustang Spoiler if the mounted width is the same as  Mustang

68GT/CSconvmod:
Possible, he measured and it is 36. This could be what happened.

Troy

Mike_B_SVT:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on October 14, 2016, 09:41:17 PM ---As I understand it there is a difference in the spoiler itself - distance between there the pedestals mount to the spoiler. Suggest you search the Cougar forums to find that measurement and other info to be sure though the DOWB makes sense you need to be sure

--- End quote ---

For 1970 the rear spoiler wings for Cougar Eliminator and Mustangs were the same, with the same pedestal spacing (36").  My understanding was that the pedestals were also identical.  I've only ever seen D0ZB part numbers on the pedestals.  I've read conflicting reports of a D0WB version ("yes it exists" / "no it doesn't"), but have never seen pictures.  However, the gasket between the pedestal and the trunk lid does typically have a D0WB part number, which often confuses mustang folks.

If the pedestals have a different part number that would imply a physical difference from the D0ZB version. 

Could you post a picture of the pedestal and part number if you get a chance?  Curious to see if / what that difference might be.

1969 Cougar and Mustang rear spoiler wings had different pedestal spacing.  Cougar = 31", while Mustang = 36".
There were also material differences between '69 and '70 wings, and casting difference between '69 & '70 pedestals, as well as mounting hardware differences for each year and model, which we can discuss further if you need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version