1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

70 MACH1 Engine Bay & Engine Questions

<< < (3/8) > >>

Blown351stang:
Is this transmission selector arm on the bottom of the steering column normally on manual cars or could it just be a automatic ford column been put in the car?

Vcode:
That's is for the steering lock rod.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1970-Mustang-Reverse-Lock-out-Rod-D0ZA-7E330-S-Boss-302-428CJ-351-/322211857721?hash=item4b0552c539:g:YQoAAOSwH3NXnhlI&vxp=mtr

Blown351stang:
Should the grommet above the main wiring in the fire wall have something going through it or should it just be a blank plug?

My engine fan has a big gap between fan & shroud at the top and the bottom of the shroud is broken it looks like the engine sits to low do those engine mounts look right for a cleveland? I want to put a new fan shroud on.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Blown351stang on January 01, 2017, 03:21:49 AM ---Should the grommet above the main wiring in the fire wall have something going through it or should it just be a blank plug?
--- End quote ---

Believe it depends on what options, accessories, and other things the car was originally equipped with

--- Quote from: Blown351stang on January 01, 2017, 03:21:49 AM ---My engine fan has a big gap between fan & shroud at the top and the bottom of the shroud is broken it looks like the engine sits to low do those engine mounts look right for a Cleveland? I want to put a new fan shroud on.

--- End quote ---

BTW the stater cable bracket should be attached to the end end of that upper rubber mount (at the block) not down at the bottom

As for the frame mounts I'll see if I have some pictures to share not sure if your going to be able to tell from just looking

Blown351stang:
BTW the stater cable bracket should be attached to the end end of that upper rubber mount (at the block) not down at the bottom

Should the starter cable be between the motor mount & block or exhaust manifold & mount?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version