Author Topic: Trunk mat. Anyone have a picture of an original were it would be under spare?  (Read 1286 times)

1967 eight barrel

I ordered an ACC Burtex mat, but it wasn't cut on the passenger side where the spare mounting bracket. Does anyone have a clear picture of that area?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Guess your asking about a picture from a fastback

Will look through my files
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 02:06:16 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

1967 eight barrel

ACC sent me a vinyl mat and not even close. I got the correct replacement. It came with two triangular pieces and I'm not sure how they go.

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
Those "triangular" pieces go in the trash can. They were never part of the original Ford trunk mat, underlayment, or anything else in the trunk. I believe those pieces are the result of past poorly made trunk mats that had incorrect cutouts for the bumper reinforcement (should not have had any). So the manufacturers threw in those pieces to cover over the mistakes.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
+1 to what pete said. same goes for 65-66 mats. owners think that they 'have' to use all parts supplied in a kit. same goes for the dimmer switch grommet that comes with a carpet set.
5F09C331248

1967 eight barrel

Thank you, Gentlemen. I looked for two hours on Google for original Ford mat pictures. Most didn't cover well in the trunk.  The "vinyl" mat that was sent looked more like a coupe/convertible mat.  This one looks right with sewn corners, but I just couldn't figure out what the two pieces were for. Even if they were used for the bumper reinforcements, they would have to be cemented to the supports. I never saw them in a vehicle I'd ever looked at.
                                                                                                                  -Keith