1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 - 1973

rear side marker question

<< < (2/2)

midlife:

--- Quote from: jcuprisi on March 19, 2017, 05:30:16 PM ---I thought the reflector might be different from left to right so I took a close look at my pair. I cannot see any difference between the reflectors. The body of the lamp assembly is universal and only the red lens is labelled LH or RH. I do not have stickers on mine.

The tab on the bottom of the housing is used to secure the harness to the light body to act as a strain relief for the bulb socket. The push pin on the harness retainer pushes into the tab hole.

--- End quote ---

I have worked on at least 2 dozen 71-73 tail-light harnesses and have another 2 dozen in stock in various conditions.  I've never seen a push-pin with parallel rings; they have always been the two prong connector that slides over the wires.  The other variant, which is embedded in the fabric loom, is used throughout the harness, but not at the side marker lamp wires where the loom doesn't extend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version