Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

Seam Sealers and Sound Deadeners - What worked for me

<< < (2/10) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: thefordshow on July 24, 2009, 09:44:29 PM ---Wow, pop quiz already! um,..I'm sure I've got some photographs when I first got it back in the late 70's, but something tells me the car had black rust proofing back there?  Shipped to Canada and driven in the snow [it had 60 series snows on it when I got it].    The sound deadener seem to hold up better for not bleeding , in fact I don't recall any bleeding vs the seam sealer around the tubs.    Chris

--- End quote ---

For bleed through I should have included I was looking for it for the sound deadener especially that applied to the inside surfaces of the quarter panel and on 69-up seam sealers at those same locations.

Would agree that the seam sealer used where you illustrated on 64-68's didn't bleed through.

Good to see you here.

thefordshow:
Thanks for havin' me,..and if I get a little out of control, just pop a chunk of cheese in my mouth, [from the 3 stooges for some of you younger folks].   Chris

buckeyeresto:
Great Work Jeff.   to make it easier next time this is the tool to use.  It get that oem look everyone is looking for

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/3m-sprayable-seam-sealer-applicator-gun-08400-pc-15901-513.aspx

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: buckeyeresto on August 02, 2009, 11:39:27 AM ---Great Work Jeff.   to make it easier next time this is the tool to use.  It get that oem look everyone is looking for

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/3m-sprayable-seam-sealer-applicator-gun-08400-pc-15901-513.aspx

--- End quote ---

Thanks - did try it and was not happy with the results as much as the more time consuming way we edged up with. Maybe with more time and playing with it.  Of course others will have different opinions and experiences  ;)

While we're discussing the 3M product and gun. How many cartridges would it take to equal a gallon of finished product? I can see where the cost of the applicator and the product could be outside of anyone but a shop doing these sorts of restorations on a regular basis.

Unfortunately neither bleeds through like the original

Thanks for mentioning another option

Might fill a need when I need to do a set of front wheelwells - since they are much different from the other applications. Luckily this was a 69 Shelby so no need to apply sound deadener to the front wheelwells

Skyway65:
Jeff-  How did this Sludge work out for you?  Would you use it again?  Any other problems that came up later?  Other comments...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version