Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Processes, Products & Techniques

Krylon Semi-Flat

<< < (2/4) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: outlawincorporated on February 07, 2017, 01:46:09 AM ---Can I ask Jeff what you paint with this product???

--- End quote ---
Used it for small brackets and pulleys when I wanted a slightly different look/finish from other brackets and pulleys. The part can also be baked after application which will also alter the finish slightly and IMHO improve the durability

Morsel:
I'll take a shot of the unopened box and upload the product information when I get home from work tonight...

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Morsel on February 07, 2017, 03:37:00 PM ---I just went through this just a couple months ago, I wanted the "real" 1613 that everyone loves for the early Mustang Black Semi Flat Black. Turns out you can still get it, just not through any big box hardware store. I called up Krylon direct and found out not only did they change the SKU number even though it's still 1613, but they actually transferred me to another department which was not for retail. It's now called Industrial Krylon 1613. ...........

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jason - yes my cans are marked Industrial Krylon also.

Apparently the 51613 is the reformulated product so watch out for those cans

Here is a site that list the 1613 - Have never used this company nor have any ties to it ;)

They have changed the packaging/labeling since I last bought it

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/janitorial-maintenance/paint/aerosol/krylon-5-ball-interior-exterior-paint-semi-flat-black?a=30137856&c=B37856

Morsel:
Hey Jeff,

As far as rattle can applications, do you still think it's a good engine bay match color. I know there are a lot of people that think it's a dead on match to the original factory engine bay color and sheen.

Thanks,

Jason

Morsel:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on February 07, 2017, 04:53:18 PM ---Thanks Jason - yes my cans are marked Industrial Krylon also.

Apparently the 51613 is the reformulated product so watch out for those cans

Here is a site that list the 1613 - Have never used this company nor have any ties to it ;)

They have changed the packaging/labeling since I last bought it

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/janitorial-maintenance/paint/aerosol/krylon-5-ball-interior-exterior-paint-semi-flat-black?a=30137856&c=B37856

--- End quote ---

Yeah, before I went through the process of calling Krylon direct to get that information, I tried to order it through Global Industries, they said they had it so I ordered it, two weeks later, nothing had shown up at my house so I called them back and they said it was on back order and they didn't know when they'd have it again. But this wasn't true, that's when I called Krylon, got the place I mentioned as a distributer and was able to get it immediately, and they just ordered more for me and got that immediately as well. So not sure what the deal with that place was and failing to get me the product...

Jason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version