Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

66 trunk floor hole

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: gjz30075 on February 25, 2017, 08:53:53 PM ---Bob, the repair area will only be a 1 3/4"  by 1 3/4" square piece,  maybe less, with the hole in the middle.   It's really just the recessed area that has some
rot.  I was hoping to just cut out this area from a trunk floor replacement piece.  Or,   I might just punch a hole in some sheet metal and work on making a recess.     This repair patch will be very small.   
--- End quote ---

You have a number of ways you can address the issue. Depending on where you are a solid donor may be difficult leaving you with making your own. Originally the larger circle would be recessed a little or allot depending on the worker and how tight they screwed it down. You will find an article here on the site int he library about reproducing the bare area and their purpose.  In the 65-70 Shelby list of articles its the second one from the top titled - Body Dolly Marks- Reproducing

Often, over the years owners would spray paint or apply rust treatments like the old Naval Jelly which turns a almost black finish

--- Quote from: gjz30075 on February 25, 2017, 08:53:53 PM ---   The hole on the passenger side is also in a recess and is solid so I know the recess area is correct for this car.
Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Would not say that the recess area is "correct" but instead "accepted"

gjz30075:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on February 26, 2017, 02:23:48 AM --- Originally the larger circle would be recessed a little or allot depending on the worker and how tight they screwed it down.   

--- End quote ---

Ah, hence the difference.   Makes sense now.   

Thanks everyone for your help.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version