1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Mustang

Remote mirror mounting

<< < (2/2)

67gt390fb:
Sounds like the holes are fine.  Riv nuts are easy to install with the puller,  but they can be tricky.  If you don't pull them tight enough, they can spin in the hole,  and if you pull them too tight, you can pull the threads out.   I would suggest a couple practice ones on a scrap first before installing them if you decide to use them.

preaction:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on March 19, 2017, 01:53:59 AM ---Search is your friend   ::)

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=6563.msg37201#msg37201

--- End quote ---
Its interesting you show this link Jeff as I did a search for remote rear mirror and only 5 topics came up not including yours. I cant tell how the original nuts were removed as the door surface doesn't show signs of grinding and the holes are in perfect condition. Now its been about 4 months since disassembly and replating so remembering how to put this together correctly is the challenge. I do remember red, green, and yellow for the colors.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: preaction on March 19, 2017, 09:09:41 PM ---Its interesting you show this link Jeff as I did a search for remote rear mirror and only 5 topics came up not including yours. ...

--- End quote ---

Believe I used "mirror nut"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version