1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Transverse Dual Exhaust System HIPO Question

<< < (2/5) > >>

FXguy:

--- Quote from: rocket on April 24, 2017, 09:22:00 PM ---
So this was my starting point, any suggestions recommendations will be appreciated.   

--- End quote ---

I think you may have missed my post above, there are a couple of options in there.  Going repro will cost you a fraction of going NOS.  If you're going to drive it go repro, I have a repro 64 1/2 dual exhaust system on one car that I've had since 1994, and it still looks and sounds great.

-Scott

rocket:
Scott,

I did get out of order in my messages.  Thanks for your help.

Brant:
Here are some images for reference from my June 8th (on data plate) '64 1/2 HiPo Coupe with the original exhaust system.

Original resonator (both stamped the same way):

Original transverse muffler:

jwc66k:
I see Charlie's early "K" coupe is still in your hands. Got plans figured out for it?
Jim

Brant:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on April 26, 2017, 12:24:18 AM ---I see Charlie's early "K" coupe is still in your hands. Got plans figured out for it?
Jim

--- End quote ---

Jim,

I haven't had much time to mess with the car at all. We gently cleaned it up and installed the stock wheels, hubcaps and a set of w/w radial tires for now. I definitely won't restore it, but I do have plans to go over a few areas that need attention like the headliner. It's a great car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version