Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Autolite or FoMoCo

<< < (2/2)

preaction:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on May 01, 2017, 10:19:12 PM ---Think its much easier to compare assembly dates on the dist in question (as long as it hasn't been restamped)  to get your answer and to find a usable one for your application

--- End quote ---
Jeff you are right, in this instance a view of the big picture was the point.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: preaction on May 01, 2017, 04:17:32 PM ---Thanks Bob, so the progression would be FoMoCo, Autolite, then Motorcraft, Motorcraft being service replacement parts ?

--- End quote ---
You got it. As I had said before there seemed to be a little flip flopping (according to dates on dist)at the transition point. Not a hard and fast line which probably had to do with supplies. I can't give any insight on the Motorcraft  transition. I never paid much attention to the Autolite /Motorcraft transition because for my purposes i was not concerned about anything marked Motorcraft.

preaction:
The distributors that made me ask are two I just picked up one is C5AF-E with a date of 6M6, and a C6AF-AZ with a date of 6M19, the first being a FoMoCo and the second a autolite. The first being a Shelby application and the second a non production sohc part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version