Author Topic: Hood bolts  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Armond

• Silver Level Subscriber
    • D'Agostini Restorations.com
Hood bolts
« on: August 12, 2021, 03:56:58 PM »
A friend of mine is asking me on his early built, September, San Jose 67 fastback what are the correct hood hinge bolts?  Of course I have no idea!! Any help appreciated.  I did go thru all the pictures on the un restored 67's and found only one good pic and it was a mid year car and it looked to be a small washer, serrated. Thanks! 
MCA#31064
rsz_1rsz_thumbnail_1_altered" border="0

Offline jwc66k

Re: Hood bolts
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 04:35:44 PM »
Did you look up the appropriate part number for hood hinge bolts?
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 07:37:16 PM »
Not allot of good pictures to provide documentation on this subject. OF what I did find from with cars with Sept 66 projected build dates I found the following

Hood hinge to rear inner fender panel bolts were typically the version with the toothed washers. Sorry that I don't have any good enough to confirm the head markings. The stars were quickly followed with the toothed washer bolts similar to what was used on the fender to inner fender panel bolts

The toothed washers were also found on the shock tower to front spring cover in the front wheel wells but those appear (again we don't know when these samples were built) to have lasted as long and the hood hinge application shown above.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:46:32 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Armond

• Silver Level Subscriber
    • D'Agostini Restorations.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 07:48:07 PM »
I will pass this along, Thank you!
MCA#31064
rsz_1rsz_thumbnail_1_altered" border="0