1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

'66(San Jose) 289 A code throttle linkage setup

<< < (6/6)

Hipo giddyup:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on June 22, 2017, 07:57:38 PM ---Anyone else notice the bottom edge of the throttle shaft end plate (for lack of a better term)?

So far the automatic examples have a round hole at the bottom and the manuals don't. Maybe its the angle of the pictures but we have a number of pictures posted so far from multiple angles

IF so why did the maker make the difference and provide a hole/loop for an attachment?

Keep in mind that the throttles shafts can be interchanged when rebuilding. So long as they are from the same type 4100, the 1.08 or 1.12 . I can easily see where someone would swap out the throttle shaft for one that has better plating/condition.

Just discussion possibilities and observations ;)

--- End quote ---

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Hipo giddyup on June 26, 2017, 03:26:59 PM ---Keep in mind that the throttles shafts can be interchanged when rebuilding. So long as they are from the same type 4100, the 1.08 or 1.12 . I can easily see where someone would swap out the throttle shaft for one that has better plating/condition.

--- End quote ---

That's why I posted to new carbs not rebuilt or factory re-manufactured ;)

Hipo giddyup:
Sorry, missed that... :o

lancelot66:
Had an opportunity to actually go out and look last night because I wasn't sure and was curious, especially about that lower hole being discussed.
We also have the same setup as Jim's #18 posting. We have that lower hole (the item I couldn't remember for certain). I think I've rebuilt this original carb at least 4 times over the years and I know I've never changed the configuration regards to bracket, spring and where it attaches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version