1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

Autolite staful battery for 67 with 390

<< < (2/2)

Mustanggta67:
UPDATE:  I order an autolite battery from Virginia Classic Mustang.  Took close to 7 weeks to receive it.  The total cost with shipping was around $300.  It is noticeably lighter than the replica autolite that was replaced.  I guessing 10lbs. Voltage checked good out of the box.  Installed and it seems good.

Brian Conway:
This one , GP 27, is two years old and is in my 69.  Are you saying 10 LBS total or 10 LBS less that your last one ?  Brian

Mustanggta67:
10lbs less than the last one.

Brian Conway:
Sure would be nice if this battery was lighter.  On my 69, without a battery strap, it is really a tight fit and fender damage is a real possibility.  Thanks,  Brian

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Brian Conway on August 18, 2017, 02:38:15 PM ---Sure would be nice if this battery was lighter.  On my 69, without a battery strap, it is really a tight fit and fender damage is a real possibility.  Thanks,  Brian

--- End quote ---
I bought a inexpensive battery strap at harbor freight. It attaches to the top posts. It is a must for safer movement of a group 27.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version