1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 Mustang Steering box color

<< < (2/3) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Rossco on June 23, 2017, 10:25:56 AM ---Jeff

Thank you for the photos, I have a go at the painted/brushed black top, do I include the yellow daub mark?

--- End quote ---

Don't know - What steering box do you have (so I can figure out the application ;)  and solid shaft or rag joint ?

Rossco:
She has a rag joint Jeff

Ross

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Rossco on June 23, 2017, 06:02:28 PM ---She has a rag joint Jeff

--- End quote ---

Going to need the tag info so that we know (paint marks can vary) if its a PS, non PS or handling package ratio/box

Bossbill:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on June 22, 2017, 03:20:46 PM ---You didn't share which box your using but both share most of the following details

For a little more detail for restoring the box since the black (if you choose to add that detail) will not cover everything ;) .

You have a cast iron main body with fresh machined surfaces at the logical and proper places. 

Zinc plated - end cap/plug,  top adjustment cover,

Darkened steel - adjustment cover retaining bolts

Fresh bare steel -  adjustment cover, adjustment nut,  ID tag and vent cover  and large collar nut.

Shaft for the pittman arm is fresh machined steel.

Digit cameras and lighting can affect how the following pictures look (contrast between finishes)  on screen ;)

--- End quote ---

Jeff -- the adjustment cover is mentioned twice. The cover appears to be tumbled metal...no zinc.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bossbill on September 07, 2021, 08:12:14 PM ---Jeff -- the adjustment cover is mentioned twice. The cover appears to be tumbled metal...no zinc.

--- End quote ---

Thanks - Fix and added an additional vent finish note.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version