1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

Decode water pump date code

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: SCJSTU on June 24, 2017, 08:48:35 PM ---It must be an aftermarket replacement

--- End quote ---

Don't believe so if your just going by the additional makers markings. Ford often subbed out parts to non-Ford suppliers and makers - normally multiple ones since they never wanted to be held hostage to any single source, problems or worker unrest/problems

SCJSTU:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on June 24, 2017, 10:51:59 PM ---Don't believe so if your just going by the additional makers markings. Ford often subbed out parts to non-Ford suppliers and makers - normally multiple ones since they never wanted to be held hostage to any single source, problems or worker unrest/problems

--- End quote ---

Jeff I don't see any other markings then those in my picture and no date code in the format from that era.......so looks unusual to me

That's why I'm thinking auto parts store reman pump

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: SCJSTU on June 25, 2017, 08:02:45 AM ---Jeff I don't see any other markings then those in my picture and no date code in the format from that era.......so looks unusual to me

That's why I'm thinking auto parts store reman pump

--- End quote ---

Agreed after looking over the picture again - don't know how I skipped over yours and only saw the one 7Lscjracer posted  ???

Might not be remanufactured but aftermarket all the same

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version