1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

1966 factory air. Video, help diagnose problem. *Resolved*

<< < (5/5)

sed6:
So I fixed it! I replaced the old Delco AC belt with a correct one from Marti. Vibrations gone! Who knew something so simple and obviously overlooked would do the trick! Thanks everyone for the input!

rodster:

--- Quote from: sed6 on August 20, 2017, 07:47:36 PM ---So I fixed it! I replaced the old Delco AC belt with a correct one from Marti. Vibrations gone! Who knew something so simple and obviously overlooked would do the trick! Thanks everyone for the input!

--- End quote ---

Congrats!  Funny, first thing I noticed in your video was the cogged belt and wondered about that right away.  I'm thinking the new belt from Marti isn't cogged?

--- Quote from: ChrisV289 on August 20, 2017, 06:14:32 PM ---That bar is installed wrong.

--- End quote ---

In what way?  To my old eyes looks like the bars in the pictures are installed the same way.

I'm not sure the bar I have is correct, my car was missing it so I just picked one up after doing some research on what was correct.  I might even have an old post on here.

ChrisV289:

--- Quote from: rodster on August 20, 2017, 10:34:50 PM ---
Congrats!  Funny, first thing I noticed in your video was the cogged belt and wondered about that right away.  I'm thinking the new belt from Marti isn't cogged?

In what way?  To my old eyes looks like the bars in the pictures are installed the same way.

I'm not sure the bar I have is correct, my car was missing it so I just picked one up after doing some research on what was correct.  I might even have an old post on here.

--- End quote ---

You know what it is, your valve cover and the position of the oil cap is throwing me off...

sed6:

--- Quote from: rodster on August 20, 2017, 10:34:50 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Correct. Replaced all three belts, PS, AC, and Alt, all from Marti and none are cogged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version