1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 - 70 Shelby

68 lower scoop screws

<< < (2/3) > >>

Murf:
Our April 03 California Special was equipped with the bright screws.  Not a Shelby but may help with your investigation. 

TLea:

--- Quote from: Coralsnake on September 05, 2017, 08:35:48 PM ---I think both finishes were used

--- End quote ---
+1  silver seem more common  Its not a bright chrome but more of a hard plate

Coralsnake:
This is not directly related to this thread, but rather a general statement on judging. Take it for what is worth, from someone that has judged for many years and currently a SAAC head judge.

This is not something I personally would focus on. I think too often we get bogged down on these type of details when larger things go unmentioned I am more often than not willing to give the owner or restorer the benefit of the doubt. Unless, they have a reoccurring issue with hardware the finish of one particular screw or bolt would never be deducted. Dont get me wrong, I want cars to be as correct as possible, but we need to focus on the big picture first.

ruppstang:
FYI there were no deductions given, I was just trying to understand the inconstancy in the use of different hardware.
You point on missing the big things is well taken but I will add the small details are the difference between a good car and a great car.
Marty

Coralsnake:
All good points.

I just didnt want someone reading this to be discouraged, and leave the impression that judges are looking for nits to pick and eliminate good cars from awards.

Judging should be helpful and fair to all.

I too look for the smallest of details....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version