3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1984 - 1986 SVO

front fender z-bracket

(1/2) > >>

bluemax:
I am currently restoring my '86 2R Comp Prep and I have a topic for discussion.

The front fender to bumper cover z-brackets (part number E4ZZ-8B057-A) is bolted to the fender and bumper cover by 4 bolts (two to each item). The parts manual lists all four of these bolts as 57130-S. David LaRocque's book indicates the full part number as 57130-S36.

1) Are all four bolts the same as shown in the parts manual? (And yes this is just one side, therefore there would be eight total for both.)

2) Is the finish S36, zinc dichromate, as listed in David's book? When removing mine I can see what appears to be a hint of that type of finish.

Mark, I know you have several low mile cars in your stable, what do you think?

Matt

svo2scj:
I THINK I parked the low mile cars too far back in the garage !!

We shouldn't trust any car that has been apart/repainted -SO if you can be patient when I return from PA I will get under the 2000 mile car and photo.  (Maybe even before)

This is a good starting place for a BOLT FINISHES section -so I may move and create the topic (if I can get photos also)

Mark

Bigbsvo:
Mark,

Did you ever get the pictures of the brackets?  I may be able to take pics of mine if needed.

Bryan

bluemax:
Hello Mark...I was hoping you would have had a chance to look at these by now.

Still interested in knowing an answer to this question.

Thanks,

Matt

Kendal Coker:
I guess you saw where Paul Becker found an svo with plastic brackets on it with a Ford part number. Also another member has a set too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version