1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

1967 convenience low fuel light remains on

<< < (2/11) > >>

midlife:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on February 09, 2018, 08:45:36 PM ---That was my first thought too but he stated that the other three lights were working.

--- End quote ---
It is only that line to the starter solenoid that powers up the low fuel light as a proof-out circuit while cranking the engine.  The other 3 systems have nothing to do with that circuit.

ruppstang:

--- Quote from: midlife on February 09, 2018, 10:01:00 PM ---It is only that line to the starter solenoid that powers up the low fuel light as a proof-out circuit while cranking the engine.  The other 3 systems have nothing to do with that circuit.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I was not aware of that LOL and I have it in my car.

3stangs2fordtrucks:
Thanks, I will check it out first thing tomorrow. 

196667Bob:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on February 09, 2018, 10:33:52 PM ---Thanks. I was not aware of that LOL and I have it in my car.

--- End quote ---

Marty : Maybe the attached might help clarify it. Note that the red wire from the starter solenoid only goes to the plug for the low fuel relay (and thus the low fuel bulb) ; the blue w/red stripe wire (shown in violet) from the ignition switch  provides the "hot" side to the other 3 bulbs.

Bob

ruppstang:
Thanks Bob,
I probably knew that 12 years ago when I restored my car, just remembered that the red wire was the test power. I do not drive that car very much.
Marty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version