1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

Is this radiator correct for my NJ 1966 K-code?

<< < (2/3) > >>

evantugby:
I plan to have Glen-Ray Radiators in Wausau, WI restore my radiator.  Quoted me at $500-$600. 

Their motto:  The bitterness of poor workmanship remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten...quality is our hallmark.

http://www.restorationradiators.com/

I suppose all you concours guys have original radiators as well. ;)

CharlesTurner:
It depends on the type of glass bead used.  The brass parts can be hit with a scotchbrite pad to smooth the surface back out before paint.

evantugby:

--- Quote from: 65Autolite on February 28, 2018, 10:28:48 AM ---Not surprised to see on their site:
"In rebuilding, ... Glass beading of all parts comes next" (http://www.restorationradiators.com/radiatorresto.htm)

Once blasted the finish is never the same, which is why I do my own prep for quality  ;)

--- End quote ---

I'm not trying to win any awards.  I just want a kar that feels nearly new again and will be a driver.  But I'll tell ya, this site and it's users have motivated me to do far more concours restoration than I intended.  :)

outlawincorporated:
Seeing your building a concours 66 GT 350 clone wouldn't this be the correct time to locate a correct San Jose radiator instead of using a NJ/Dearborn example???

just my 2 cents

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: outlawincorporated on March 01, 2018, 06:28:16 AM ---Seeing your building a concours 66 GT 350 clone wouldn't this be the correct time to locate a correct San Jose radiator instead of using a NJ/Dearborn example???

--- End quote ---

Think his aim is a factory like NJ K code with some Shelby features.   ::)  Just an example of how these things can get confusing IMHO

Changed the title a little so that it can be left in the none Lobby area. ;) If we mix details from one plant to anther too much in a thread it will not benefit other members and viewers - and we'll be tempted to move them since their will then relate to subjects not in tune with the goals and focus here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version