Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Engine Compartment Miscl phophating

(1/3) > >>

68 S Code:
I think I got a list put together of all the things that should get phoshated finish but please confirm and add to list if I missed something

Hood springs
Hood latch assemby
shock tower perches
throttle linkage from carb to firewall accelerator pedal bell crank
firewall accelerator pedal bell crank

Anything else?

T Lea:
Certainly are a lot of bolts as well but off the top of my head,
hood latch striker
hood hinges
j clips
ps pump spacer
battery bolts

68 S Code:
T, thanks for the response. When I said hood springs I meant the entire spring/hinge assembly. Regarding the hood latch I thought the striker bar was a gold cad. I'm not sure what you mean by j clips. Ps spacer self explanatory but the battery bolts you refer to are the 2 hooked bolts which go to the cross bar above? The rest of my initial list looks correct? What specific component bolts are you referring to in Your statement? Thanks again.

T Lea:
we don't see zinc dichromate (what you call gold cad) until 69 on hood latch strikers. As far as PH & oil hardware under the hood there is to much to mention, everything from motor mount bolts to steering box and fan shroud, and so on. J clips are the spring metal clips bolts/screws go into in lieu of nuts like fender bolts, fan shroud etc

68 S Code:
T, ok now I understand what the j clip is. My fenders and miscl clips are all zinc dichromate as is the hood strike bar. I guess when I started this restoration 26 years ago this was the acceptable finish back then. Must have changed over the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version