Author Topic: 1970-75 Ford "Family of Fine Music" 8 Track Tapes  (Read 566 times)

Offline 196667Bob

1970-75 Ford "Family of Fine Music" 8 Track Tapes
« on: January 19, 2019, 04:25:53 PM »
Offered for sale here are the six tapes listed below. The condition and price of each is listed, as well as pictures of each that follow the list.

All prices include shipping to the Lower 48. Shipping beyond the Lower 48 may be able to be arranged at additional cost.

PayPal preferred.

Send PM if interested.

Thanks for looking.

Bob

The 1970 Tape is SOLD

NOTE : I am adding the following note, effective Monday, January 21, 2019.

Depending on when you might purchase one of the tapes noted in the List, there could be an approximate 1 - 2 week delay in my shipping it to you. This is the result of one of our members wanting to purchase one of the tapes, and my playing it before completing the sale (as I intended to do with each tape purchased). During playback, it played through every song, on each of the 4 channels, but at the end of the last song, when it is supposed to go back to the beginning of the first channel, there was no sound. After removing the tape, I confirmed what I suspected ; the tape had broken at the "foil splice" which is used in 8 Track tapes to "tell" the player to go back to the beginning. This is actually a fairly common occurrence on these old tapes. Even if the tape "plays through" fine now, it will most likely only be a matter if time before it breaks at the splice (according to the "experts").

As my intent is to sell these tapes with more than a "one and done" function, I have decided to send them all in for "professional" Tune-Ups, which includes, cleaning, replacing the foil splices, and also, if necessary, the pads. Accordingly, tapes purchased after January 24, 2019, besides having a delayed shipping time, will also have $5 added to the prices shown above, to help cover part of the cost of the "Tune-Up" and the "back and forth" shipping costs I will incur. For this, you will receive a tape that functions correctly for now and for sometime "down the road".

Thanks for your understanding. I believe that the wait and the minimal additional cost will both be well worth the wait.

If you just want a tape "for show and no go", and gamble on its playing correctly, you need to order before I ship them off on Friday, the 25th.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:06:27 PM by 196667Bob »
1966 Coupe, C Code, 3 Sp MT, 6T07C154XXX, Build Date 11/22/65
1967 Conv, C Code, C4, 7F03C154XXX, Actual Build Date 01/31/67
MCA 04909

Offline 70cj428

Re: 1970-75 Ford "Family of Fine Music" 8 Track Tapes
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 05:35:12 PM »
PM sent ...