Author Topic: Need help with 1966 Hi Po toploader  (Read 861 times)

Offline theberg

Need help with 1966 Hi Po toploader
« on: February 15, 2019, 10:19:16 PM »
Does anyone have pix or know a site with pix of the VIN location on  the trans case.I`ve spent countless hours researching and can`t find pix.I`ve read it`s stamped on the bottom,on the top,up front ,in the middle,in the back and no stamp at all .would like to see pix to compare to my trans. any help would be much appreciated!!!  Thanks,the Berg
1966 GT K Code Fastback Dearborn built Nov.66

1967 eight barrel

Re: Need help with 1966 Hi Po toploader
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 10:22:04 PM »
On the bottom of the case there is a retangular flat surface, just forward of where the tailshaft housing bolts to the case. You can view it from the bottom.

-Keith

Offline 1966KGT

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 11:55:41 PM »
+1
1966 K GT, BUILT 11/08/65 4 SPEED, SAN JOSE CAR, 1969 Mustang convertible, 1970 MACH 1, 1963 GALAXIE Q code Fastback, 1966 mustang t code coupe, fuel injected

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 03:46:57 PM »
Does anyone have pix or know a site with pix of the VIN location on  the trans case.I`ve spent countless hours researching and can`t find pix.I`ve read it`s stamped on the bottom,on the top,up front ,in the middle,in the back and no stamp at all .would like to see pix to compare to my trans. any help would be much appreciated!!!  Thanks,the Berg

First welcome to the site.

First its best we ask where was your car built and approximately when (month is as good as we can expect for a 65-66). This was done at the car assembly plant so different plants can have different practices as can workers/shift for some details.  Many will answer questions based on where their car was built not always where your car was   :)  Have pictures just don't want to post something that isn't a "fit" for you

You'll find it helpful if you will take the time to add your cars infromation to your signature or you may be adding it to all or allot of your post ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline kcodecoupe

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 09:18:08 AM »
The trans tag if its still on the main case should be an HEHBX  if its a Nov 66 K code, I have seen random stamping locations on main cases ,some very faint .