Author Topic: How to clean, restore heater hose ducts  (Read 1909 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: How to clean, restore heater hose ducts
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 04:28:52 PM »
Ah,, didn't realize it was for the hoses as well. Thanks

Was thinking (if they are in good shape and not brittle) the mink oil for the tubes/hoses - the rust protection over the metal was a secondary benefit

Of course like when choosing other treatments stay away from anything with silicon in it
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Hipo giddyup

• There is no end to doing right. Giddyup!!!
Re: How to clean, restore heater hose ducts
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 04:26:24 PM »
Since I’ve had plenty of time at home, I’ve been able to get a few small projects done. One of which is cleaning up my original set of defroster duct hoses and heater Plenum. Just wanted to circle back to the thread to show you my results. I soaked the hoses in Evaporust for about an hour to remove any surface rust on the bands, then I used a toothbrush to scrub the bands gently, then rinsed and wiped down the defroster ducts. I then gave them a light coat of Scotchguard spray. This worked well and they look almost new.

For the heater Plenum I used a soft damp paper towel with some foaming window cleaner so as not to damage or get the cardboard soaked. Next step is to clean and repaint the bracket and control arm for the flapper.
1967 Springtime Yellow Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Metuchen built, Nov. 17th 66'
1966 Sahara Beige Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, July 21st 66'
1964 1/2 Pagoda Green Coupe, 260 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, June 30th 64'
1966 GT350 Fastback clone, 289 HiPo, 725cfm Holley, 4spd, SanJose built, Nov 25th 65'