Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Suspension

Ps boot clamps

(1/3) > >>

68 S Code:
I am detailing the PS cylinder with a new boot at the stud end and a new accordion boot at the PS valve assembly. These boots are held on with a metal ring which uses a special tool to crimp it. The tool is available but where do you get the large ring for the cylinder boot. I heard many just use a plastic zip tie instead. I would rather find a ring. But where, NPd, amk?

CharlesTurner:
I'm pretty sure the large clamp comes in the end boot kit, which is available in reproduction from most any mustang parts place.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on November 14, 2010, 01:02:53 PM ---I'm pretty sure the large clamp comes in the end boot kit, which is available in reproduction from most any mustang parts place.

--- End quote ---
The same type of crimp clamp is also used on the power booster vacuum supply line . This info may also help source it. Check Mansfield Mustang I believe he may sell them individually . Bob

carlite65:
virginia mustang has it under p/n PE609.

68 S Code:
Thanks guys for the lead. I bought the end boot and it didn't come with the crimp clamp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version