Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Drivetrain

Engine Just about Done

(1/4) > >>

bryancobb:
I would appreciate any critique/correction/coaching.  I plan on it being a (sort-of) concours driven car.  I have added A/C and P/S.  I understand that I overdid some details, such as some bolts and the P/S pump tag not painted and all the black stuff too shiny, but go ahead and correct exerything you see and I'll correct it.

gjz30075:
Bryan, it looks great and I'm not really qualified to offer advice but just wondering when and where you plan to debut the car?

bryancobb:
Probably local July 4th parade, Cartersville, GA.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: bryancobb on December 30, 2010, 07:25:30 AM ---I would appreciate any critique/correction/coaching.  I plan on it being a (sort-of) concours driven car.  I have added A/C and P/S.  I understand that I overdid some details, such as some bolts and the P/S pump tag not painted and all the black stuff too shiny, but go ahead and correct exerything you see and I'll correct it.

--- End quote ---
Bryan, it looks good. Overspray on the exhaust is missing.The PS tag should be painted with the housing. I would recheck your paint details on the A/C compressor because I believe the cast iron Tecumseh compressor was painted as a assembled unit . You have the bolts and head spacer left unpainted.I have seen the spacer without much paint on it before and think it was prone to flacking off. I believe it started out painted as a unit however. I am not 100% sure but it appears from the pictures that the compressor hardware is of a generic nature instead of what came on the compressor. As you acknowledged , you over did somethings. My critique comments are the things that stand out most as not being original to me for what ever it is worth. Bob

bryancobb:
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your feedback.  I'm almost positive the A/C compressor is painted black after assembly as you stated.
I am also certain that the P/S tag is also painted like the reservoir.
I need to fog some of the blue onto the manifolds near the heads.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version