3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1979 - 1993

1982 Mustang GT hatchback value

(1/2) > >>

67gta289:
Found one in junkyard, no rust visible on exterior...did not check under yet, will have to punch the lock.  Has glass and spoiler.  Any idea on value so that I can determine if it is worth the cost and time?

It appears to be complete except the engine.  Buckets and console still in place.

jwc66k:
John,
Try https://www.nadaguides.com/ You will get a range of prices, high to low.
Remember: selling price - minus cost to restore - minus cost to buy = equals worth.
The "fun" part sometimes offsets everything.
Jim

67gta289:
Sorry Jim - I was asking about the value of the hatchback "lid", not the whole car.   To me it would be a parts donor source to help others get completed or get better.

Cobra Jet:
The hatchback itself isn’t worth the $$$ - but the spoiler on it is where the value is at, since they are not reproduced.  It’s a 3-piece spoiler and was the same used on the 1979 Pace Car.  Usually if the fiberglass is not damaged at all (no cracks and no damages to the threaded stud inserts on bottom), those spoilers can go for upwards of $200+.

The other parts of value on it would be if it has the Marcal fog lights and the associated fog light bar - bonus if the fog light covers are still on them OR thrown inside the car somewhere.  Just the fog light covers by themselves are usually selling between $50-$150 a set - depending on condition AND rarity of color/style.  There was black, grey and white w/checkered flag.

The front bumper cover is also of value IF it’s not damaged.  Again it’s not a reproduced part and is pretty much similar to if not the same as used on the 79 Pace Car.  $200-$300, depending on condition.

The front hood scoop can be valuable to some folks as well $90-$150 depending on condition.

67gta289:
Phil, thanks for the info.  Not much going on up front...  How about bucket seats and console?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version