Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Drivetrain

1966 C4 reverse/high drum piston return springs

(1/2) > >>

pepperglenn:
Anyone have any idea where i can find these springs? I tore down a transmission and its missing two of the 10 reqd springs. See picture below for reference.

jwc66k:
Did you by chance look in this forums' library under topic "ConcoursMustang.com Official 66 Mustang Article List"? There you will find a link to "1965-72 Ford Master Parts Catalog MPC" (it's real name is "Ford Car Parts", which is printed on every page.) From that you should be able to get a Ford Service stock number to aid you in your search (like e-bay, and vintage Ford parts suppliers).
Jim

pepperglenn:
I have a copy of master parts catalog at home and i have the PN. Im having a very hard time finding this part

67gta289:
Is it part of the basic part number 7A480 as highlighted here?  If not, what part are you looking for?

67gta289:
Looks like the ten C4AZ-7A480-B springs were not serviced separately, they were serviced as part of the C4AZ-7A480-C "Spring - Reverse Clutch Piston"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version