1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

PCV Valve Finish- C5AE-6A666-B

(1/3) > >>

Jim Hamel:
My 65 K code car is nearing the end of its restoration. The shop called with a list of a few things still needed. One of them was a PCV valve. I found a decent used one C5AE-6A666-B, but the finish is a bit worn. The question is, was the finish oil-phosphate, black-oxide, or some other surface treatment for the cars out of San Jose?

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Jim Hamel on January 31, 2024, 11:23:52 PM ---My 65 K code car is nearing the end of its restoration. The shop called with a list of a few things still needed. One of them was a PCV valve. I found a decent used one C5AE-6A666-B, but the finish is a bit worn. The question is, was the finish oil-phosphate, black-oxide, or some other surface treatment for the cars out of San Jose?

--- End quote ---
Typically bright zinc.

J_Speegle:
Some examples from -A1 version

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on February 01, 2024, 02:12:22 PM ---Some examples from -A1 version

--- End quote ---
I have a C7AE-6A666-A valve (somewhere, it's marked with that plus Eaton) that is NOS. It is closer to a dull zinc/cad finish. I also have another "original" C7AE-6A666-A that I had replated. The piston is natural, the spring is blackish, the retaining clip is also blackish.
From my research - C5AZ-6A666-A, C6AZ-6A666-A, REPL BY D0AZ-6A666-A. Just reference.
Jim

Bob Gaines:
The valve body was typically bright but the finish can oxidize over time changing the look to a duller finish. On the bottom side the washer is typically black oxide or zinc phosphate . The spring clip holding the washer in place is typically a spring steel or gun blueing can replicate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version