1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

1967 PS control valve

(1/3) > >>

Ashley:
Purchased a Bendix PS control valve from seller on eBay with 5/16" pressure port, with a date code on cap 2K 25 A. Is this valve off a 1972 model year car? Also keep seeing a 6-19-67 date Ford made a change from 1/4" to 5/16" pressure hose on all Mustang cars. Is this correct and the Ford code for this change.  Thanks

ruppstang:
Yes Ford did change from 1/4 to 5/16 control valves in 67. As for 6-19-67date, I do not think there was a hard date for the changeover in the three plants.

RoyceP:
The date code is stamped on the cap. Rebuilders mix the parts up so the date stamp becomes meaningless.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on March 28, 2024, 09:34:56 AM ---Yes Ford did change from 1/4 to 5/16 control valves in 67. As for 6-19-67date, I do not think there was a hard date for the changeover in the three plants.

--- End quote ---
+1. I typically examine Shelby's and I have yet to identify a late production 67 Shelby built that had the larger fitting that hadn't been messed with. This leads me to the conclusion that it was not a hard date for change over but more for that was when Ford stopped getting inventory of the smaller style which allowed on hand stock to work its way through the system. Of course the same scenario goes for the accompanying lower pressure hose too.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: RoyceP on March 28, 2024, 11:49:26 AM ---The date code is stamped on the cap. Rebuilders mix the parts up so the date stamp becomes meaningless.

--- End quote ---
+1 .Good point

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version