Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

TMI or Distinctive?

(1/4) > >>

sparky65:
I've been researching my options for recovering my seats.  I was kind of thinking the TMI stuff was maybe a little better.  Then today as I am getting ready to order things and checking prices I realize that CJ Pony Parts has 30% off interior which means the Distinctive stuff is now $56 cheaper then the TMI.  When we are talking about a black standard interior on a 67 what would you do?  :-\

carlite65:
go with the tmi. more folks have told me that is their choice too.

jim1946:
I just used the pony set from cj and am well pleased with them.

NEFaurora:

In a nutshell.... TMI is "more correct" with their piping and patterns, but Distinctive actually is made better with thicker padding and thicker material and lasts longer.  For a driver, use Distinctive, For showcar, use TMI...  That is the best answer that can be given.  It's your choice!  I've compared the two makers side by side many times..

Tony K.

Brant:
TMI Upholstery uses extruded (solid vinyl) welting cord/piping.  Distinctive is vinyl wrapped. 

The original was extruded and holds up much, much better than the vinyl wrapped.  This difference alone is enough reason for us to only handle and use the TMI brand, regardless of use for driver or show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version